Principal, Notre Dame Preparatory School
Notre Dame Preparatory School (NDP), an independent, Catholic school for girls in grades 6-12 in Towson, Maryland, is seeking a principal to direct its academic program. NDP’s principal reports to the headmistress, is responsible for the educational activities of the school, is the primary visionary leader of the academic program, and fosters the Catholic identity of NDP. This position ensures that the academic quality, religious tone, and development of the students correspond with the mission and philosophy of Notre Dame Preparatory School. The principal is also responsible for the school’s academic and academic-related internal operations.
The principal directly supervises the upper level assistant principal for academic affairs, the dean of students, the director of the middle level, the curriculum and professional development coordinator, and the department chairs.
The right candidate will enjoy working in a mission-driven, religious educational setting. The school seeks applicants who reflect and support a commitment to educating young women in the tradition of the School Sisters of Notre Dame (SSND) to transform the world. Employment is full-time beginning July 1, 2017.
- Five years of successful experience in academic leadership, preferably at the secondary school or higher education level
- Embrace the SSND charism and NDP mission
- Ability to engage with all stakeholders, including but not limited to: faculty, staff, students, board members, and parents
- Outstanding leadership, management, collaboration, and multi-tasking skills
- Commitment to 21st-century learning and awareness of current trends affecting education
- Demonstrated support of the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Technology skills as they relate to the position
- Master’s degree required
- Demonstrate and execute vision and accountability on matters related to Notre Dame Prep’s educational program; ensure curriculum is based on national standards and on current and future trends
- Inspire and motivate faculty and students to excel in all academic areas of the school in keeping with the school mission
- Oversee the development and execution of internal professional development opportunities for faculty; coordinate external professional development opportunities or tuition reimbursement for faculty
- Build relationships with higher education institutions and businesses where appropriate to advance NDP’s programs
- Oversee the recruitment, interviewing, and recommendations for appointment of new faculty in conjunction with appropriate administration and faculty
- Evaluate the professional performance of the faculty and recommend their advancement, probation, or termination
- Recommend the appointment of department chairs and supervise their responsibilities; provide professional development for the department chairs so they may assume the role of instructional leaders
- Make teaching assignments after consultation with appropriate administration or faculty
- Serve as the chair of the Academic Council and staff liaison to the Educational and Technology Committee of the Board of Trustees
- Serve as a member of the Admissions Committee, and Headmistress Council
- Provide oversight on the continued progress and success of the school’s internal strategic plan
- Meet regularly with direct reports and the school’s leadership team, as well as coordinate the planning of regularly scheduled faculty or staff meetings
- Ensure the maintenance of faculty personnel records
- Determine and monitor all regulations governing academic activities and student life
- Perform other administrative duties pertaining to the position as may be assigned by the headmistress
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to Sister Patricia McCarron, SSND, Ph.D., Headmistress, Notre Dame Preparatory School, 815 Hampton Lane, Towson, Maryland 21286 or email email@example.com. No phone calls, please.